Hey, the name's Evie - welcome to my blog! Here you'll mainly see me reblogging anime/manga stuff, and also shows like Doctor Who, Supernatural, Merlin, Teen Wolf, and... well, basically anything that I fancy. Enjoy!
these two have stopped the apocalypse like 4 times and it is this easy to casually sneak up behind and taze them
Okay, but like, the more you watch it, the funnier it gets. Like there’s the obivous: their fucking faces. But then Sam’s gunshot? Like what were you trying to shoot, Sam? And then he just collapses dramatically like, ‘Why, gun?? You have failed me.’
and then there’s dean who’s just like “neeghhh I have accepted my fate”
and then there’s sam who’s like “ugh not again”
[Move Bitch plays in background]
this makes me sad.. he was such a bad father..
I hated it when John talked to Dean
And the thing about this moment that gets to me so much — John is mad at Sam, so he takes it out on Dean in a petty way. In an episode that was about replaying patterns of their family life, that was a very telling note. Insulting/belittling Dean is John’s way of letting off steam after a frustrating conversation with his other son.
And what’s telling about that is that John raised Dean to be perfectly obedient and not to talk back; so when he’s taking his anger out on Dean it’s because he knows that Dean won’t say anything. It’s the horrible parent equivalent of punching a pillow when you’re angry- except that in this case the pillow can actually feel all of the blows that land on it.
It’s also John’s way of blaming Dean for Sam’s insolence — for saying that Dean did an inadequate job of raising Sam, because Sam doesn’t respect John. Because Sam sees Dean in the father role, when John intended for Dean to be the mother.
When John says this to Dean, he isn’t talking about the Impala at all, he’s talking about Sam. He wouldn’t have given Sam to Dean if he’d known Dean was going to ruin him.
happy valentine’s day wee heeee~~~~~ “ヽ(´▽｀)ノ”
Let’s talk about Dean’s reflexes + knife throwing skills tho…
ahem, I’d call that ‘natural abilities enhanced by the mark of cain’ line brand name “Darling Dean, Killing Machine”
was anyone else impressed but also really nervous about this?
the last one though… two girls and a guy walk by at the same time and whose ass did he stare at?
- Checking for the guy’s birthmark
- He wanted Sam
- Chubby cupid makes him uncomfortable
- Belittling Castiel’s earnestness
- There are a number of stoner references in regard to Dean, this is one
- Licks his lips when he looks at Sam too
- Crossdressing =/= gay
- I got nothing here
9. ‘Omfg that’s a World War II soldier omfg I’m in 1944!’
Yeah, this points out quite clearly how NONE of these moments are conclusive evidence of bisexuality in Dean. And how some of them AREN’T actually evidence of it.
In fact, looking at everything in a list like this makes me doubt if we really have much evidence at all. Only 9 moments? At least 2 of which don’t count? No, 3 I’d say (#4, #7 and #8).
I mean, I still can’t shake the feeling there’s more to Dean’s sexuality than straight, I’m not drawing a thick black canon line through that possibility, but… the evidence seems thinner and thinner the more I think about it atm…
Just for the record, I hate doing this.
1. They had already conclusively identified the guy with the cards in his wallet. Dean was looking at the birthmark on his penis for kicks. And he took a nice long look, then complimented the guy.
2. Dean didn’t want Sammy. He wanted someone like a brother, without all the complications. The Siren was a distinctly sexual creature, created in each scenario to be the perfect sexual and personality match for the victim. In every case. The victim’s significant other was not always sexual (ie that one dude’s mom) but the victim’s relationship with the siren always was. Also, the siren was nothing like Sammy in personality or appearance.
3. No one else had a problem not looking at chubby cupid’s chubby.
4. Dean uses specific barbs to get under people’s skins this episode. With Bobby, it was “You’re not my father”. With Sam it was about their brotherhood and trust issues. With Castiel, it’s a sexual come-on. Okay? Okay. That means he both recognizes Cas’ attraction to him and knows how to play it.
5. Dean is a blushing fan girl, who classifies Dr Sexy as sexy because he wears cowboy boots. Dean has a western fetish. Dean doesn’t classify Dr Sexy as sexy to some people, he just classifies him as sexy. Sam is not impressed.
6. Dean forms strong emotional attachments to men very quickly. This guy looked a lot like Cas, and Dean spent the whole season mourning Cas. This is not evidence of bisexuality — or any sexuality — but rather is evidence of Dean’s need for someone to fill the emotional intimacy Cas left void when he died.
7. Dean has specific, sexual body language when he’s interacting with Cas. True, Jensen is a lip-licker. But there are not only various ways to lick your lips — some of which are truly sexual — but there’s also all the other behavior going on in that gif. His realization of what he’s doing, of Cas tracking the movement, his shifty eyes when he checks around in embarrassment to see if anyone noticed. Don’t downplay the body language, because they took several takes of these things and actors are trained to be conscious of their bodies while being honest in a scene (hence screen actors actually taking into account eye placement inspired by sense memories as opposed to imaginary scenarios). This had to get by the director, producer, and editing team. It’s in there deliberately. It didn’t need to be. But it is. For what reason? We get to decide.
8. Crossdressing does not equal gay, but it kinda does in Dean Winchester’s mind. He repeatedly equates the effeminate (or what he thinks is effeminate, which is a ton of things including feelings and probably vegetables) to homosexuality. He’s also suffering from a little bit of gender dysphoria, because he’s attracted to several things that he or someone in his life deemed unmasculine (such as liking ballet movies and wearing ladies underwear). In the fairy tale episode, when confronted with a frog, Dean assumes he’s going to have to take on the female role, bite the bullet and kiss it — so he preemptively says no way, Jose. But it is just one of the ways in which Dean’s defensiveness springs not from an outward attack on his masculinity, but from his inner insecurities. When he is trying to trip up Sam by preying on masculine insecurities “Sam wears women’s underwear!” “Is this yours? [holds up a bra]” it’s projection: Dean wears women’s underwear. And liked it. And he never got over it, whether or not it’s important to us. It says nothing factual to us about his sexuality, but it says a lot to Dean himself.
9. Dean doesn’t have to eye the guy up and down and give him a hi, howyadoin’ smile there. He’s obviously impressed by the guy’s uniform — but, um, you know who else is really impressed by a guy in uniform? Anyone who has a kink for uniforms, or authority. Just sayin’. And again, body language. There are ways to check out an impressive uniform without seeming sexual. This is not one of the ways to do that.
10. There was no 10 but I’m adding it. Did we forget about the boner already? How about the fact that Dean’s supposedly uncomfortable with Cas sharing close physical space with him, but then gets all up into Cas’? How about the fact that Cas can paw through his bag and duffel and Dad’s journal, but the minute he wants to crash in their room, Dean gets super uncomfortable? (Hint: platonic best friends don’t care if you sleep on their floor while their sibling is in the room. Or if you choose to stay up and watch silent tv or read a book while they sleep.) How about the way Dean OBVIOUSLY checks out Cas in scene after scene, stands like 2cm away, and initiates serious heart-to-hearts again and again — something he loathes to do, even with Sammy?
Or how about the fact that Jensen implied Dean used to turn tricks? How about Jeffery’s monologue at Dean about his relationship with the demon being a parallel to Dean’s own state (obviously with his angel, come on, so blatant)? Or how about the fact that he stared at Emmanuel with practically no reservation, just like, awe and heartbreak, and asked repeatedly about his “wife”, like he couldn’t believe it? How about the fact when Meg says, “You go talk to him, he was your boyfriend first” Dean not only doesn’t object, he goes and talks to him.
Sorry, if this post is trying to convince me that Dean’s not got at least a little something going for dudes, and Castiel in particular, you’re not convincing.
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I wanted to add something like that when I saw this post on my dash earlier, but I’m so crappy at putting my thoughts into words. I sincerely couldn’t have said it better than you did.
Reblogging for the last two comments!
o shit they’re becoming self aware #plotholes
Supernatural, Holy Terror, (mid-season finale)
The only way it’ll go canon. (I miss the coat)
This is forevermore my favorite fan art ever. I will never not reblog this
I will reblog this every time it shows up on my dash, its too precious for words